Lee E. Hullender Rubin, DAOM, MS, LAc, FABORM
In this study the findings are summarised as:
- Acupuncture, compared to no treatment, is effective for increasing: Clinical pregnancy rate by 28%–32%, Ongoing pregnancy rate by 42%,
Live birth rate by 30%.
- The efficacy of acupuncture is still unclear and confounded by the need for an adequate, inert control.
- Acupuncture was more effective for increasing live births: In patients with previously failed cycles
Clinics with a baseline pregnancy rate <32%.
- Characteristics more-favorable for improving outcomes were:
- More acupuncture treatments,
- Acupuncture treatment focused before and on the dayof embryo transfer
- Using a modified Paulus protocol on the day of embryo transfer.
Would like to read the detail? (read more here)